Friday, May 14, 2010

I'm getting this figured out

My "office" en route to shoot a fishing trip

I've just been limping along with my blogging - mostly because when I get in from the field I'm just too pooped to carry on. I have other writing assignments that have specific deadlines that I have to meet, they take precedence and my blog entries end up getting bumped to the bottom of the list...
So....what the heck am I going to about this? Carry a laptop into the field ? Not on your life.. I already drag too much stuff along...
But wait..technology is advancing daily, so I assumed there had to be something out there that would help with this.
A quick phone call to the Occupational Therapist and the problem may well be solved soon.
Why didn't I think of dictation software before?
Since I tend to write my blogs and articles in my head while I'm out shooting, why not just dictate as I go along?
Oh heavens.. I sure hope this will help me stay on track and focused a bit better..
Now to figure out just which of all of these programs will be the best fit.
I've also come to the conclusion that a smart phone is going to be in my near future. That way I can deal with messages, emails, etc while I'm just sitting there waiting in the blind or the weeds for that perfect creature to walk into my "shooting lane" . Oh the choices...I'm getting drug into the 21st century and the world of technology whether or not I want to go!
Any suggestions dear readers?

1 comments:

Deb said...

hmmm, I don't know anything about those kinda phones, we just have simple ones and couldn't even tell you have to text on a phone. LOL My brother showed me his one time, and I looked at a page or two online with it, and it's cool...but since we don't travel anymore, it really isn't worth it to us...even if it would be cool at times. :) Good luck finding the right one for you, there are SO MANY of them out there. :)

Post a Comment