So far here's what I've learned:
- One collared in 2000 in Winchester, Wisconson
- Two collared in 2002 ; one in Grantsburg, WI the other in St. Germain, WI
- One collared in 2004 in Hayward, WI
- Three collared in 2005; two in Powell, WI and one in St. Germain, WI
- One collared in 2006 in Necadah, WI
- Once collared in 2007 in City Point, WI
- One Collared in 2008 in Hayward, WI
- Six Collared in 2009 in Hayward, WI ( The group of cygnets)
As more reports come in I'll be sharing them here as well. What was amazing to me was that the one collared in 2000 was still going, still alive and well.
I've been hearing from lots of friends across Southern Illinois that have been sighting even more swans. Soon as as I'm able I'll be back out on the Swan Trail, searching for more of these majestic beauties, hoping to find even more that are collared.
If you are a swan lover like me, don't forget to visit The Trumpeter Swan Society's web site - it's a great place with tons of info about these gorgeous birds.